Chungha Explains the Reason Why Her Face Looks Different After Turning 30

Singer Chungha recently explained why her look and overall vibe feel different lately.

On September 2, Chungha appeared on KBS Cool FM's 'Gabi Super Radio' and talked about turning 30 this year. She shared, "I don't really know what having a 'grown woman' vibe means. Maybe I'm overthinking it, but I keep seeing posts going viral about me being in my 30s," and added:

"Sometimes I see people saying, 'Chungha is already 30?' I wish people would still mistake me for being in my 20s."

When Gabi mentioned that the image of a grown woman suited her, Chungha agreed, saying, "I guess I have matured a bit."

Gabi also noticed that Chungha's features and overall expression look softer now, and Chungha explained:

"Maybe it's because I've lost most of my baby fat. My friends even ask if I got face contouring surgery. Even I notice how much it's gone."

Chungha casually shut down plastic surgery rumors, explaining that her evolving look is simply due to getting older, weight loss, and different styling.

Chungha also made everyone laugh while looking back at how people used to describe her looks over the years. Responding to a listener who said, "When Chungha first debuted, she looked like an adult, but looking back, she was just a 21-year-old baby," Chungha recalled, "In my early 20s, people told me all the time that I looked like a hamster."

She added with a laugh, "By my late 20s, around the time I was promoting 'I'm Ready,' people started telling me I looked like a snake. Maybe it was because of my snake-inspired stage outfits, but I think my face really did change that much."

Speaking on what she considers her peak, Chungha reflected, I want my 30s to be my prime rather than my 20s. I haven’t lived through all of my 30s yet, so I can’t casually say that this is my prime, but I think it depends on how you define what your prime is.”

After the episode aired, netizens reacted warmly, with comments like, "She really must have lost a lot of baby fat if even her friends asked about it," "Plastic surgery rumors must have been stressful, so it's great she brought it up so casually," "Comparing her look from a hamster to a snake is so accurate," and "Her aura got way cooler and more mature after turning 30."

Meanwhile, Chungha recently took part in I.O.I's reunion activities and made her solo comeback on September 1 with the digital single 'México.'

Post a Comment

0 Comments