Song Jieun’s Husband Park Wi Apologizes Following Backlash Over KTX Accident Video

Singer Song Jieun’s husband and YouTuber Park Wi issued an apology following backlash over a recent video about an accident that happened while he was getting off a KTX train.

On August 22, Park Wi addressed the situation through his YouTube channel 'WERACLE,' expressing regret over how he handled the situation: 

“I’m sorry for disappointing so many people with the video I uploaded today. I failed to fully consider the perspective of the staff member who did their best to help me at the scene and politely apologized."

Park Wi explained, "I only viewed the mistake made in the process of trying to help me in a negative light. The way I communicated the situation was immature, and my thinking was short-sighted."

He also apologized both to the staff members at the scene and to his viewers, adding, "I'll take this incident as an opportunity to act more carefully and responsibly in everything I do."

The controversy began after Park Wi posted CCTV footage on August 21 showing an accident that occurred while he was getting off a KTX train

The video showed Park Wi falling forward while traveling down a ramp. According to him, the wheels of his wheelchair caught on the foot of a staff member helping at the scene, causing him to fall. Fortunately, a hospital examination reportedly found no major fractures.

While expressing his frustration over the incident, Park Wi raised concerns about improving accessibility and implementing safety training for individuals with disabilities. He asked viewers not to direct backlash toward the staff member involved, emphasizing that even a single oversight on a ramp can lead to severe injuries.

However, many netizens felt his response went too far. They pointed out that the staff member had not acted maliciously and had apologized politely immediately at the scene. Some netizens also criticized his decision to publicly release the CCTV footage on a channel with over one million subscribers, commenting, "It's excessive to publicly expose a mistake that happened while someone was just trying to help."

At the same time, others defended his position, urging empathy for his perspective as a wheelchair user living with quadriplegia. They argued that even a minor mistake could lead to serious injuries, maintaining that raising concerns about accessibility for people with disabilities remains necessary.

Post a Comment

0 Comments