Singer Bibi, who recently faced controversy over the provocative nature of her performance at Waterbomb, has opened up about her personal philosophy when it comes to performing.
On August 21, SBS released a teaser for its new variety show 'My Genie Secretary' on its Youtube channel. The teaser showed Lee Seojin and Kim Kwanggyu visiting the Waterbomb venue for the season's first featured star, Bibi, and managing her schedule throughout the entire day, from pre-show preparations to the end of her performance.
Discussing her mindset, Bibi revealed, "I started preparing three months before going on stage. I prepared for three months as if this were my last performance." She also highlighted her commitment to the audience, stating:
"I have a philosophy when it comes to performing. I absolutely have to entertain the people who paid their money to come see me."
Her comments come amid ongoing debate over her performance at Waterbomb Seoul 2026, which was held on July 25 at the outdoor Global Stage at KINTEX in Goyang, Gyeonggi Province.
That day, Bibi wore a form-fitting white jumpsuit, performing several of her hit songs including 'Bam Yang Gang' and 'BIBI Vengeance.' Her bold performance drew considerable attention from the audience.
The controversy centered on a moment midway through her performance. Bibi knelt among male dancers and unzipped her wet jumpsuit to reveal the bikini top she was wearing underneath. Surrounded by shirtless male dancers, she remained on her knees while taking a microphone. Some netizens criticized the scene, arguing the choreography was overly suggestive.



0 Comments