Hong Mingi Faces Dating Violence Allegations From Ex-Girlfriend

Actor Hong Mingi is facing dating violence allegations after influencer A, who claims to be his ex-girlfriend, came forward a series of allegations against him.

On August 18, A posted the document, titled 'Notice of Intent to Take Legal Action Over Illegal Criminal Acts,' which was dated July 28 and sent via her law firm to Hong Mingi and his agency. She also shared photos of Hong Mingi posted on his agency's social media to publicly confirm his identity.

A alleged that Hong Mingi threw dangerous objects, including a soju bottle, at her on the street. She also alleged that he repeatedly called her dozens of times out of jealousy, made remarks implying he could kill her, and physically assaulted her by striking her shoulder and shoving her. Furthermore, A accused him of invading her privacy by secretly checking her phone and KakaoTalk messages and causing her injury while riding an electric scooter under the influence of alcohol.

A's allegations didn't stop there. In another statement released that same day, she described what happened during and after their relationship.

According to A, Hong Mingi frequently made misogynistic and sexist remarks about women, including "Women are most delicious in their early 30s. Once they pass that age, they're ahjummas," "Women should also serve in the military," and "Men are the sky, women are the ground."

A further claimed that Hong Mingi belittled his ex-girlfriend, who is currently active as an actress, and verbally abused fellow actors, staff members, directors, and others he worked with.

She also alleged that he had a negative attitude toward fans who supported him, claiming he referred those who traveled to see him as 'broke people who act like sasaengs just to get their money's worth.' After attending a birthday party organized by fans, she alleged he complained, "I didn't want to go. I went because I had to. I was so tired, I wanted to just walk out."

A also accused Hong Mingi of abusing his pet dog. She claimed that despite posting the dog on his social media, he would curse at it and kick it. She also alleged that after receiving her legal notice, he cut off contact and left the dog alone at home for several days. 

Regarding her own relationship with him, A stated that she suffered continuous verbal abuse and gaslighting. She alleged that Hong Mingi made manipulative statements to her, including, "My mental illness came back because of you," "I want to die," "Let's die together," and "I'm an idiot for dating you."

A also stated, "Even after the relationship ended, I lived with guilt because I mistakenly believed that Hong Mingi's panic disorder had been caused by me." A claimed that she visited his home several times. 

During this process, she alleged that Hong Mingi verbally abused her and acted violently for around 20 to 30 minutes, including kicking nearby objects. She further claimed that he forced her onto a bed, attempted to have sex with her, and inappropriately touched her body without consent despite the relationship already being over. She said:

“It wasn’t until three weeks after the breakup that I realized what I had experienced was not love, but clear violence and exploitation."

 

A explained that she became so terrified that she could no longer function in her daily life, eventually telling her parents what had happened and taking legal action, including sending a legal notice.

On the other side, Hong Mingi's agency has officially responded to the controversy. On August 19, a representative of Fable Company told Ilgan Sports:

"There are parts that are different from the facts. We are currently reviewing and organizing the situation internally."

 

Meanwhile, Hong Mingi was born in 2002 and made his acting debut in 2020. He has starred in various projects including 'To My Beloved Thief,' 'Love Your Enemy,' 'Study Group,' 'Crushology 101,' and 'Trigger.' He recently completed filming for 'Study Group Season 2.'

Post a Comment

0 Comments