G-Dragon Reveals He Doesn't Know How to Use Mobile Banking


BIGBANG's G-Dragon recently revealed that he doesn't know how to use mobile banking.

On August 22, G-Dragon made an appearance on an episode of Youtube channel Tteuntteun titled 'Anniversaries Are Just an Excuse' alongside fellow BIGBANG members Taeyang and Daesung.

The discussion started when Yoo Jaesuk mentioned, "Haha used to be one of the original hipsters who embraced new technology than anyone else, but now he can't even kiosks." Haha then asked Yoo Jaesuk if he uses mobile banking. While Yoo Jaesuk confirmed he does, G-Dragon confessed, "I can't (use mobile banking.)"


Surprised by the confession, Yoo Jaesuk asked, "What do you do if you can't use mobile banking? What about all that wealth?" G-Dragon explained:

"I have someone who manages it for me."


Hearing this, Yoo Jaesuk advised, "Even if you have someone managing it for you, you should still check it yourself."

The conversation then turned to how the other BIGBANG members handle their finances. Daesung said, "I've managed my finances myself since I was young." Taeyang explained, "Daesung has handled everything himself almost since the beginning of our debut. For me, about two or three years after debut, I realized, 'I need to know how to manage my own finances,' so I started managing things myself." G-Dragon added:

"I can go to the bank, speak directly with a teller, and take care of things that way, but I don't know how to use mobile banking at all."

Daesung agreed, saying, "When it comes to convenience, nothing beats speaking to an actual person. Even when calling customer service, I deliberately wait to be connected to a representative instead of dealing with an automated system," to which Haha and Taeyang agreed to.

G-Dragon's recent remarks made waves online given previous headlines surrounding his wealth. He was previously speculated to have around 100 billion KRW (around $72 million USD) in net worth, especially after purchasing a luxury apartment at Nine One Hannam in Hannam-dong, Yongsan-gu, Seoul for 16.4 billion KRW (around $11.8 million USD).

Post a Comment

0 Comments