NCT Doyoung made 150 cookies for SM Ent.'s staff

 

Doyoung is currently baking cookies right now. He has been baking cookies for 2~3 days straight during Chuseok.

Gian: Are you putting those cookies on the ancestral rites table? Do you have a Western ancestor or something?

Doyoung: No, it's not that. I'm baking these cookies to give them to some people. I wonder what it would be like if I gave gifts to people that I'm grateful to...

Doyoung bakes cookies filled with gratitude throughout the holiday. The cookies are Chuseok-themed, therefore they're shaped like Songpyeon (NB: Traditional Korean food)

Ahn Jaehyun: How long did it take you to make those, Doyoung?

Doyoung: I worked on them little by little for about 3 days.

The cookies were meticulously crafted and made with care. As the panelists talk, the first batch is baked.

Doyoung: Actually, it's my first time baking cookies... It turns out that you can't make them too thickㅠ

His earlier attempts were a bit disappointing. But with practice, the cookies turned out prettier. As expected, practice makes perfect.

Ahn Jaehyun: At this rate, it's like a factory. He keeps baking.

Key: Well, the home oven is small. So he has to keep going. 

Doyoung repeats the process: kneading, taking them out, baking. He works diligently without wasting a single second. He doesn't give up until the remaining batch is finally done.


Ahn Jaehyun: Wow, you made a lot. How many did you make?

Doyoung: Almost 150.

Now, it's time for packaging. Doyoung personally ordered cute bunny wrapping paper for it. He inserts one chocolate cookie and one butter cookie in each of them.

Nara: These are all completely handmade.

After 3 long days, 60 cookie sets are finally complete. This time, Doyoung packs them in gift boxes that he personally selected and ordered. He repeats the process: cutting ribbons and folding boxes.

Key: You should've just used boxes with handles.

Doyoung: I know, right... But it's cute, right?

Ahn Jaehyun: It does look cute.

As Doyoung gradually getting the hang of it, he praises himself. In the gift boxes, he also adds gift items that he personally selected: Coffee coupon, vitamins, scented candles, and four-leaf clover.

Narae: You're giving them coffee coupons too??

Gian: I want the clover. Do they sell those?

Doyoung: Of course, these days they sell them.


Doyoung proceeds to seal the boxes with stickers, with the hope that the people that receive them feel happy. Even the stickers are custom-ordered. Finally, 60 sets of Doyoung's gift sets are done.

Hyunmoo: This guy has determination. He doesn't give up. 

Doyoung: I borrowed a camping box from my brother.

Doyoung tries to tie the box to his bike.

Doyoung: How do I secure it tightly?

Code Kunst: That's not easy. You need to have the technique.

Doyoung eventually ties the box to the bike. But it slides off from the bike as he steps outside.

Code Kunst: Oh no... That won't make it. That box will be gone by the time you arrive.

Doyoung: Yeah... That's why I went back outside to re-tie it.

But still, he rides fast with high spirits as hums, excited about giving the gift. But then he faces an uphill.

He tries to push his bike, but it keeps rolling back. He wobbles on the second attempt.

Hyunmoo: This is so stressful.

Doyoung finally succeeds on the third attempt. Finally, Doyoung arrives in his company. He makes a call to his manager, who happens to be in the production center office. SM Ent. has different centers for each artist. SHINee is at Center 2, while NCT is at Center 4.

Doyoung: I always feel like the staff are the ones who work harder than us. I came to express my gratitude to the employees. I think I first started giving gifts in 2019 or 2020.

Hyunmoo: Doyoung always takes good care of people around him.


Hyunmoo reveals that when Doyoung and him starred on the same show, Doyoung came to his waiting room and give him a tonic. Key also reveals that Doyoung gave him a four-leaf clover. Narae also revealed to have received some throat-care items from Doyoung before.

Gian: Meanwhile, I stole Hyunmoo hyung's coffee today.

Hyunmoo: This guy has been stealing my coffee for 10 years now.

Gian: I'm preparing a gift for you this year, Hyungnim.

Hyunmoo: How many years have you been preparing?

Doyoung (to his manager): Please pass this on for me. I’m too shy to give it myself. But could you emphasize that I worked really hard on it, please?


Doyoung: I'm a bit embarrassed to give them things that I personally made by hand. I don't think I'm the type to show off. It's nice when people express their gratitude for the gifts, but I don't know how to react to that.

As an introvert, Doyoung feels shy for the gratitude he receives when he gives his gifts. On the other hand, as an extrovert, Key doesn't understand it.

Hyunmoo: If I were him, I'd film it and post it on Instagram. The whole world needs to know what I did.

Doyoung leaves a gift at the door so he doesn't disturb's Kenzie's work. He then sends her a text, along with the picture of the gift, that says, 'Noonaㅎㅎ I'm leaving a small gift in front of your studioㅎㅎ It's just some homemade cookies and a scented-candle.'

The panelists in the studio also receives Doyoung's gifts.

Key: It's thin, so they're super crispy. I love it.

Doyoung: I never imagined the response would be this good.

Doyoung goes to his favorite restaurant since 2019.

Doyoung: I made these gifts for you. Enjoy them with Ahjumma.

Restaurant owner: Thank you. We'll enjoy it.

Doyoung: Isn't this portion a bit too much??

Restaurant owner: We're giving you a big portion because you're so sweet, Doyoung.

Doyoung reveals that he's close enough with the restaurant owner that they keep in touch.

Restraurant owner: I didn't call since I thought you'd be busy for the holidays.

As Doyoung eats, he receives messages from the staff.

Doyoung: I felt so proud. They said they could feel my heart through the gift, so I’m glad I gave it. For me, giving gifts is a way of expressing my feelings.

theqoo

-When Doyoung was in middle school, he would make food for his friends every time they came over to his houseㅋㅋㅋ He really takes good care of the people around him.

-Wow, that’s is so heart-warming... You can really feel how carefully he prepared everything.

-He’s so kind and warmhearted.

-I've always liked Doyoung for his voice. Now that I'm seeing how he takes care of people, it makes me like him even more.

-Wow, he’s so detailed and thoughtfulㅋㅋ If I were working and received something like that, I’d be really touched.

-Buying and giving gifts is already a big task, but he even baked cookies personally. That’s dedicationㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I also love giving gifts, but I don’t have the energy to make them myselfㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ So impressive.

-He has such a beautiful heart.

-Doyoung is so kind and has such a beautiful heart. It’s not easy to make something yourself and give it as a gift.

-I also love giving gifts like that, so I totally understand how he feelsㅋㅋ

-Oh Gosh... He has such a beautiful heart.

-Oh... if someone did that for me, I’d be so touchedㅠㅠ

-As a fan of him for 8 years, I can say that he’s always been so thoughtful and caring.

-If you’ve stanned Doyoung long enough, you just know how warmhearted he is.

-He must be loved by those around him since he’s the type to take care of others first.

Post a Comment

0 Comments