Former CNBLUE member Lee Jonghyun has spoken out on social media for the first time in eight years, sharing updates on his current life and addressed long-standing rumors surrounding his departure from the group.
On August 11, Lee Jonghyun posted a long message on his personal social media account, writing, "I want to share something I've been keeping to myself for a very long time."
Addressing his departure from the group back in 2019, Lee Jonghyun took full responsibility for his past actions, saying, "I was once a member of CNBLUE, but because of my careless behavior and immaturity, I left the band and spent the past eight years distancing myself from the world." He added, "I have always carried a heavy heart knowing that my actions caused the team and its members to face unwanted misunderstandings and criticism." He continued:
"Some fans may have thought that the members turned their backs on me, but that is absolutely not true. It hurts me to see the members were hurt in ways they never wanted because of this. Leaving the group was entirely my own decision and my own fault, and facing the consequences was my responsibility."
Speaking about his life away from the spotlight, Lee Jonghyun shared, "After leaving the entertainment industry, my personal life also went through various hardships." He revealed:
"I started a family as well, but I am currently in the process of sorting things out so that we can each go our separate ways."
Despite these challenges, he expressed his desire to face his past mistakes, saying, "I want to face my past mistakes rather than avoid them. I want to step back into the world as a regular person."
Most importantly, Lee Jonghyun made it clear that he is not returning to the entertainment industry, writing:
"This post is by no means being written for the purpose of returning to the entertainment industry."
He explained, "I gathered the courage to write this post in order to prevent unverified rumors or misunderstandings concerning specific brands and business maters related to my current job as a non-celebrity." He added, "I would like to offer my sincere apologies and gratitude to the CNBLUE members, who have suffered from unnecessary misunderstandings for a long time."
Meanwhile, Lee Jonghyun originally debuted in 2010 as a member of the four-member band CNBLUE and gained popularity with hit songs such as 'I'm a Loner' and 'Love Light,' while also pursuing acting projects.
However, in 2019, he voluntarily left the group after becoming embroiled in a major controversy surrounding a group chat linked to the distribution of illegally filmed material, alongside public backlash when it was revealed that he had sent inappropriate private messages to a female BJ.





0 Comments