‘Baby Shark’ Kid Park Geonroung to Make K-Pop Debut With MONSTA X’s Joohoney

The kid who starred in 'Pinkfong Baby Shark Dance,' the most-viewed Youtube video in history, is returning to the spotlight to debut as a K-pop star.

On August 10, The Pinkfong Company announced that Park Geonroung will make his official K-pop debut under the stage name Baby Shark Boy. He will release his debut digital single, 'WAVE (feat. MONSTA X's Joohoney)' on August 20.

Now 17 years old, Park Geonroung personally participated in writing the lyrics for 'WAVE.' The song shares his excitement about returning to the public eye after ten years and his determination to take on new challenges.

Released back in 2016, the 'Pinkfong Baby Shark Dance' video has racked up more than 17 billion views. It has held the title of the world's most-viewed Youtube video for 69 months in a row. Last year, Park Geonroung made a surprise appearance in a short video celebrating the 10th anniversary of 'Baby Shark,' which quickly hit 22 million views and got fans wondering what he was up to.

Through his new single and music video, The Pinkfong Company plans to show Park Geonroung's story across different stages of his life. To give fans a deeper look at his journey, they will also release a special behind-the-scenes documentary titled 'WAVE: A Boy's Record,' which follows his growth right alongside the success of 'Baby Shark.'

Talking about his shift from a child star to a K-pop artist, Park Geonroung shared, "I've always been grateful that people still remember the video I appeared in as a child. Ten years ago, I danced next to Baby Shark, but now I wanted to share my own voice and stories I wrote myself." He added, "I'm really happy that I can share this new beginning with the people who have remembered me for such a long time."

Post a Comment

0 Comments